Creating a New MySpace Application
February 20, 2009 § Leave a comment
This is a very simple list of steps on how to create a new application on MySpace Platform
1. Sign up MySpace Account
2. Go to http://developer.myspace.com/community/ and select Build on navigation menu
3. Select Create On-Site App
4. Complete the form to create the app. Use a unique Application Title, a unique email address and password.
5. Skip Uploaded Application XML and click “Skip This Step”
6. On the <Edit App Information> tab section, enter the required fields: Application Title, Application Description, Primary Category
8. Enter code for <Profile Surface> and <Home Surface>.
10. Click “Save Application Source”
Now you need to add the app on your developer account to gain access tot the app. Click “My Apps” on the navigation menu
1. Click the logo left of Application name
2. Click “Add this app” to your Developer Account
3. Click “Add” on the popup window
4. Click “App Gallery” on the navigation menu
5. Click “View App” to verify the success of app installation
To run the app on MySpace OpenSocial v0.8 instead of v0.7
1. Click on “My Apps” on the navigation menu
2. Select your app
3. Click on “Edit Source” Tab
4. Insert the code into Canvas Surface
5. Click on “Edit App Information”
6. Go to the bottom of the page in “Other Settings” section
7. Select v0.8 from the drop down menu on the “Preferred OpenSocial Version
Note: your app won’t run properly if the Other Settings is on v0.7.
Designer should prepare:
▪ Small Icon 16×16
▪ Large Icon 64×64
▪ Flash file to upload for Canvas Surface, Profile Surface, Home Surface
Application Owner should prepare:
▪ Title of application
▪ Short description of the application
▪ Primary Category
▪ Secondary Category
Layout Details for Designer:
▪ Canvas Surface: Default Width: 100%. Default Display Height: 500 pixel.
▪ Profile Surface: Default Width: 300 pixel. Default Display Height: 190 pixel.
▪ Home Surface: Default Width: 290 pixel. Default Display Height: 190 pixel.