iPhone OS 3.0 Beta
March 19, 2009 § Leave a comment
Cautions for iphone developers:
1. You cannot submit apps compiled with the 3.0 SDK to the app store (even if the code only uses 2.x APIs)
2. if you install the OS 3.0 on your iPhone or iPod touch you cannot use that for testing your 2.x apps
3. According to iPhone OS 3.0 beta software release Pre-Installation Advisory, installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta software on your Authorized Test Devices will permanently locked into testing mode. It cannot be restored to earlier versions of iPhone OS.
4. OS 3.0 is on beta. Few updates on OS 3.0 is possible before OS3.0 launch officially.
5. Suggestion: Run OS 3.0 parallel to OS 2.0 on the same machine by changing the app icon and Developer directory.